Back to homepage

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I'm sorry, Prunila

The crowd has spoken; I was just not feelin' it with the Pentathlon sock as it was, so went straight to the LYS this morning, got new yarn, and RIPPED her:

Isn't it pretty? It's solid and hopefully just light enough to really make the sttches stand out. I love the twist too!

Bit if a bummer because I did spend days on this puppy, but I'll just view it as a practice sock. I got too many damn things on the needles anyway, and the yarn ain't going anywhere.
So now I'm going to finish the Serendipity's first, because they're kinda on a time limit; the Rockin' Sock Club's March package should arrive in about two weeks.

It's nice and sunny out, so I think I'm going to do some knitting out on the front porch. Oh yeah, and why do cats always have to jump right in the frame the minute you're trying to take a good close up of your projects? I present to you Panda, Miles (RIP), and Ginger:

(I'm sure Mingus is guilty too, but I couldn't find any evidence just now...)

8 Comments:

Blogger Tijm said...

Ha Famke,

Kun je toch lekker, met je nieuwe garen, op je veranda gaan zitten. Nu nog die schommelbank!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 6:08:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer about the sock, but that yarn is just way too pretty not to show off to full advantage.

(...and now I'll have a chance to catch up!...) :-)

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 11:08:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good girl...:-) Ik heb 'm ook uitgehaald en heb nu net weer 1 patroon klaar. Ik brei 'm op vijf naaldjes en had helemaal verkeerd zitten denken. Evengoed. Het is een leuk patroon, jouw blauwe garen is heel erg mooi en past goed bij de Jacobean. Mark my words!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 11:22:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Prunila said...

Hi Nederlhass,
Buuuuuuuaaa, when I saw it I wanted to cry :-((((( I cannot believe it, a so nice sock!!! Worst thing is that I'm serious! I hope that the new one will be ever better. I prefer pinks than blues; but maybe ... it will have an ocean taste... ?
You are very brave to rip it!
Also:
Do you think that the name is for "La escalera de Jacob" from the Bible?

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 12:22:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Yes, it is so much easier to rip out when you have a yarn replacement. Just going to the yarn store can be therapy to help you through the greif! ;)

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 4:18:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooo... have you restarted?
(to my own surprise i'm almost 40% on my way!)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 2:19:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha MJ,

Heb jij zin om tussen het breien in mee te doen aan een stokje? Hier zijn de regels:

1. Grijp het dichtstbijzijnde boek dat meer dan 123 bladzijdes telt.

2. Open het boek op pagina 123 en zoek de 5de zin.

3. Post nu de volgende drie zinnen.

Ben benieuwd waar je mee komt!

Verder alles kits? Schiet het nu een beetje op met de groene kaarten en zo?

groetjes, jonna

Monday, May 5, 2008 at 2:01:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

hi!!!!

It's roxy from the knittyboards - where ya been? :)

*hugs*


xo
Anne

come see me
http://meowycakes34.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 7:18:00 PM GMT+2  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home