Back to homepage

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Boo!

I hate it when great patterns and great yarn just.don't.mix.
I've been working on the first sock in the Sock Knitting Pentathlon Competition 2008, the Jacobean. Beautiful pattern, and really straightforward. A great TV knit, yet not simple enough to be boring. It's my first toe-up, first Magic Cast On, and first wrapped stitch short-row heel.
Anyways, this lovely Dicentra yarn that had been waiting in my stash for something gorgeous turns out to knit up much more stripy than I'd envisioned and, though still gorgeous, is completely obscuring the pretty diamond pattern:

Now what? Ok, in the greater scheme of things, this is not a global tragedy, but it's making me sad. I don't (think I) want to start all over in a new -solid- yarn, just because this has taken hours already and now we go way back. Plus I love the yarn regardless, even though it has bumps and things going on that can hardly be made out to be a pattern.

So. Rip it, or double-dip it? (That makes no sense whatsoever, but it was the only thing I could find that rhymes with 'dip'.)
What do you think?

7 Comments:

Blogger Tijm said...

Ha Famke,

Jammer en balen!
Als je echt niet tevreden bent, gewoon uithalen..........

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 6:36:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uithalen. Finish die sok met balletjes (onderaan). Hartstikke leuk sok, word je vrolijk van. Dan opnieuw beginnen met bijvoorbeeld turquoise (word je ook vrolijk van) in licht en wat donkerder door elkaar.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 7:08:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on.......
Be a brave girl.................
RIP IT OUT!!!!!
It is the proces that counts!!!!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 10:31:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rip it! it's no use making something you're not satisfied with! Geen halve maatregelen!

Jonna-Rita

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 10:52:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Prunila said...

I like it with this yarn, when you will be ready maybe you will like it better (this is what happens to me normally). Why to rip? I love them, please don't rip them :-)))

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 6:58:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Als het je vanaf het begin tegenstaat is er maar één remedie. Uithalen. Heb ik ook gedaan maar ik had het na de eerste diamant al door.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 2:09:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

Hahaha, ja, sommige mensen zijn wat traag en WILLEN dat het goedkomt, zoals ik dus. Ach, ik ben superblij met het nieuwe garen! :)

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 2:12:00 AM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home