Back to homepage

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Messing up a perfectly good neck gaiter

Goddammit.

I was so sure that twisting your work would make it impossible to knit on. (Where did I get that idea?) Apparently though, it is perfectly possible to continue knitting and knitting and knitting and actually finishing and binding off to find out you've made a not-so-cool and completely unintentional Moebius strip.
Aaaaragghhghhtt!!!
And I was so proud I'd finished this Cherry Garcia neck warmer in less than a day. Grrr, I'll cast on again today. No pic of the embarrassing thing because I was too frustrated to take one before I frogged and returned it to ball state:

In other startling news: The Cardigan of Doom is all put together, baby! All's I gotsta do is weave in a few -20?- ends, and she can be sent off to Mom in the Netherlands.
I'm going to find her a nice pin or clasp to close it, and add a suede cord, like they show in the Rowan booklet:

I also cast on for a Candle Flame Shawl, as I promised my best friend Angelina a lace shawl three years ago. I love how it looks so far, and the pattern is very easy to memorize, yet looks real fancy like. Should be even better when blocked:

But, unlike Jonna commented to my last post, no, knitting is not all I do around here. ;)
In fact, it's been a long time since I've actually been able to sit down and do nothing but knit for at least an hour. For one thing, remodeling the house keeps me pretty occupied:

And because I'm still not allowed to have a job, there's the volunteering: volunteer recruitment for these guys (St. James ESL), and socializing kittycats at these guys. Ah, and then this huuuuge house needs to be kept nice 'n clean too. Sucks to be me. ;)

UPDATE: Oh hey, look at that: My mug's been pasted onto the St. James ESL website! Just scroll down a little... That's HOTTT.

5 Comments:

Blogger dogquilter said...

The Candle Flame Shawl is beautiful. It's one I've been wanting to do too. Sorry you had to frog your gaiter...that's always frustrating, hopefully the next rendition will work out better for you!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 4:15:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frogging strengthens your character ;-) (and I should know ;-) ).

also, the first volontairy link is dead...

And the remodelled parts of your house look really nice - nice warm, but not too saturated colours!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 3:55:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Tijm said...

He Famke,

Verveel je je??!!
Leuk postje weer, veel te lezen en te zien. Gezellig.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 3:28:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on finishing up the Cardi of Doom! now quickly weave in those ends and send the thing off, before the cats destroy it.

great picture on the St James' website! you look radiant - as always.

Friday, February 29, 2008 at 11:17:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaah doesn't it drive you up the wall, not being able to work? unfortunately i can tell from experience that after 3-5 years (depending how you count) it's driving me bonkers.

anyway. i'm soooo proud of you for finishing the cardi of doom! persistance prevails! you're entitled to throw a party now that the burden is gone!

Friday, March 7, 2008 at 6:09:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home