Back to homepage

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A cat ate my bagel!

What's up wit dat? Since when do cats eat bread?
But anyway, I have loads of new kitten pics to share, including some wicked ones in the snow. Gotta find me an upload cable first though. ;)

I'm forcing myself to put a little update on the bloggy, because if you thought December is a busy month, try organising a big fat catered party in your backyard for 60+ people... (Yeah, whatever Martha, it scares the crap outta me!)

(I'm kinda cheating here actually, because I had the foresight not to try to finish a gazillion hand knitted gifts before Xmas. Now THAT would've really made this month into a deadline suckfest.
My heart goes out to all of you who got suckered/suckered themselves in this year!)

Hmm, what else? Too busy to even think about sitting down to knit, but I'm going to try again tonight. As some of you on Ravelry may know, I'm working on the incredible Cat Bordhi's Bartholomew's socks for my wee niece Sofia, who's started to say her first words. 'Mooi' (pretty) and 'mijn' (mine) are the current favorites.

December in scenic Washington State was starting out nicely -photographic evidence as promised to follow- but today it's been raining all day, Seattle-styleee. So much so that some roads were closed. First time in my life that I've seen cars drive through water coming up to their windshield. Wow.
Plus the weather is much more sensational here anyway, if only for the super dramatic weather forecasts. You'd think an alien attack was upon us...

Phew! Way more soon!
This eclectic train of thought was brought to you by party deadlines, Seattle rainstorms, hormones up to 11, and waaaaayyy too many Dutch truffelpepernoten!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tijm said...

Fijn weer wat van je te lezen!!EN onze kat is ook niet los vertrouwt in de keuken. Ze steelt het brood onder onze handen vandaan.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 at 6:41:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Mari said...

Truffel pepernoten?
Dat is een recept wat ik wel wil hebben!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 at 3:45:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Our cats love the smell of bread, but once they've chewed through the plastic bag and taken a few bites, they realize that it doesn't taste as good as it smells. Kind of like me and coffee (except for the chewing through plastic part)

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 1:32:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home