Back to homepage

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Aaaarrrrghhhhhhh!

Now I knew I was tempting knitting fate by working on Cat Bordhi's Bartholomew's Tantalizing socks during a full-on political intrigue-y episode of HBO's Rome.
I KNEW, because I kept ending up with the wrong amount of stitches and had to frog a large part of Sock 1.
But apparently I can't knit AND sing along to oldschool rock on the radio either, because the pretty weave stitch in Sock 2 -that I had picked up because Sock 1 was pissing me off- was starting to look not quite right...

And here is where Ravelry came in super handy. I got online, searched for les socks and had a good peek at other Ravellers gorgeous attempts. And sure enough, I'd messed up AGAIN!

Aaaaaarrrgh! Just when I was telling Dave how I'd ended up in a knitting black hole, I had to go on and frog all my progress on Sock 2 of that evening.

Sigh. Guess that'll teach me for not doing as Cat ordered: knit the practice sock first.
Noooooo, MJ had to go jump right in and play with the big guns...
(Is there something wrong with me? Why can I not read? I finished elementary school, shit, I have a college degree! Where did I get my rows screwed up? Am I being punished for singing along to "Rock you like a hurricane"?)

So this is what an evening of reverse knitting looks like:


One more week to go before my family arrives here for Xmas, and knitting on these puppies then would surely spoil the surprise since they're a gift for my little niece.
Tomorrow is my twice weekly commute into Seattle, so I'm gonna get back in the saddle and get more done so I can give you an update. Let's pray nobody starts a conversation with me on the bus. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Carry said...

Where are you going when you come to Seattle???? I work on Cap Hill now, we should meet up some time! (well, depending on why you're coming this way and how long you're here, of course...)

We have a new knitting group going too, on cap hill (usually) on the 1st and 3rd Wed...but this month it will be tomorrow...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 6:57:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Tijm said...

Ha Famke,
Gedoe ook met die sokken van ons! : )
Leuk dat je familie komt.
Lekker voorgenieten dus.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 7:36:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home