Back to homepage

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Never broke my promise...

...'cause I totally took these pics on Sunday morning. ;)
Plus I finished the hallway. Yeeehaaw! Buddy of mine added trim all across the living room floor, and I think I watched him long enough to take care of the other rooms myself. That's something for next weekend though; I don't wanna raise a neighborhood riot if I go and saw things up every week night.

So with out any further ado, here's my new stash:

On the left we see a lovely soft Alpaca from Drops in the color 3720, a lovely powdery pink. This one ball is all it takes to make a fancy pair of fingerless glovesies like the ones that Car at my SnB has been cranking out.
On the right, a gorgeous powdery -it's all about powdery in this post- indigo sock yarn by Klazien. It's a scientific impossibility to go to a show and not leave with some Klazien. So, a solid, elegant sock yarn it is, and I plan to use it on these lacy socks Juta's Stockings from Not Just Socks Nancy Bush's Folk Socks from Estonia that YvonneP was working on. So what if I'm a copycat! We probably won't get them done in the same century anyway.
Plus I got some lovely stitch markers with metal balls of yarn, handmade by Miss Storm Op Zolder herself. Sorry, they were too small to photograph properly, but there's examples on her website with cute little spinning wheels and such.

As you can see I'm slowly trying to migrate away from the bright reds and purples. They're just getting too damn predictable! It's not that I don't like 'em anymore, but something a little less loud and a little more sophistimecated would be nice for a change. After all, I'm turning thirty this year. *Reaches for heart region*

Then again, this stuff was taunting me from the big wicker baskets at the Wolhalla stand, and when Jo-An gave me the sweetest compliment all year, I totally caved:

It's Opal Neon and it's bright purple and red and blue and I'm going to love it and pet it and call it George.

And thanks for all the shiny happy comments you guys. Niek, you crack me up!
Satayyyyy on the house!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carry said...

Pretty, pretty yarn!!!

Hey, if you were serious about your offer to camp with y'all, we'd love to! It turns out our other friends are ditching their old camp and want to camp back at the paper. I actually have been invited to as well, but I think that would be just TOO WEIRD especially since Angie will be there too...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 11:20:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon you will have more stash, from me! Your package was mailed a while back and should be arriving any day now. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

Your Bulgarian Bon Bon

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 at 6:10:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Tijm said...

He Famke,

Weer een zalig berichtje om te lezen!!
Maar hé 'oude taart', word je al 30???
En dan moet je je kleurgebruik wat matigen? Nooit van gehoord!!
Moet ik dat dan ook gaan doen als 43 jarige?? ; )

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 at 7:13:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, she copies me.... and by the way, I frogged the one I was knitting 'cause it was not perfect. That way we can finish together. And next time I'll buy the powdery blue for socks under my jeans.
(btw: young! young! 30!)

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 at 11:40:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

@ SparklySPiralGirl: Yeah totally!
I'll have to consult the Grand Poobah, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
That should be awesome!!!!

@ My lovely Bulgarian BonBon: I got it today! And it's gorgeous, thanks so much! I took pics that I'll post tomorrow...

@ Tijm: Jaaaa, na je 4oe mag het allemaal weer. Dan neem je jezelf niet meer serieus, hahaha! ;)

@ YvonneP: Not perfect? Oh, you're a perfectionist?! Nah, never had that problem. ;)
Let's have a mini-knitalong, after I finish my MustDo Projects. :)

Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 12:24:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Rineke said...

Hey, that's a total new start - new job, new house, and you even start a new stash! That's great, not having any 'oh-yeah-when-I-bought-it-I-was-planning-on-making-this -project-but-I-never-got-to-it-and-now-it's-close-to-useless-yarn'.
Sigh. I have a lot of that kind of yarn.

Friday, February 23, 2007 at 6:47:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home