Back to homepage

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Crap

Just when you think the road is clear...
I lost my job yesterday. Several reasons, but I don't feel like disclosing them here right now. I didn't see it coming, which is a sign of faulty management in my book, but that's not going to get me my job back. My colleagues were astounded (some even appalled) so that softened the blow a little.

So. I have the day off today. And tomorrow. And the rest of the week. Lots of time to knit and relax, but no concrete way to pay the rent next month..

It might all be for the best. Had a good talk with my dad yesterday, about where I'm going in life. After all, he wrote a book on the subject.. Go buy it! ;)

My temp agency sent my CV to the Police again... Let's see if they want me back.

UPDATE: Thanks for all the sweet comments, ladies!
You'll be pleased to know that I enjoyed a lovely day off and managed to work on my flooring trim. ;)
I'm taking it one day at a time; it is what it is. I might shrug about it later, so why not start now? I've totally been through worse..
Burning Man is a concern though, but that's ways away. I hope to lose only a month's worth of pay, so if I live extremely frugally these next few months, I should be able to work something out. (Dude, that means I'll actually have to use my STASH! Gah!!)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In één woord KLOTE!
Wat een pech! Hebben ze nog redenen gegeven, waar je iets mee kunt?

Hopelijk lukt het bij de Politie, zij hebben immers goede ervaringen met je, gezien de tijd die je er vroeger werkte.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 2:45:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Bon Bon

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 3:37:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Oh dear - hope things get sorted out for you soon. At least you've got some extra knitting time for a while.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 4:51:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Tijm said...

Lief lief Famke,

Wat vreselijk voor je!!! Ik hoop dat je vader je ook goed opgevangen heeft (zal als ik de info zo van zijn boek lees).
Ik vind het zo ongelovelijk balen voor je!!!
Meid ze zijn stom dat ze zo'n geweldig mens hebben laten lopen.
Sterkte de komende tijd met het verwerken (zeker omdat je het niet zag aan komen) en daarna met het zoeken naar nieuwe mogelijkheden.
In gedachten ben ik even bij je.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 6:33:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger spirals said...

eep! that sucks!

screw rent! what about burning man!!!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 6:41:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Carry said...

Oh honey I'm SORRY!!! That really sucks...

I'll send you lotsa' good "get a good job" vibes...

And, quite selfishly, (and to go along with spirals) what about Burning Man???

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 8:46:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so not funny!
best of luck with the hunt for a new one...

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 10:10:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops that was me, sorry for the blog software hiccup.

nrrdgrrl
http://nrrdgrrl.nl/sok/

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 10:12:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ow bah. (((((MJ))))

Ik hoop dat je snel wat beters vindt. Waar ze zuiniger zijn op hun mensen.

Thursday, March 1, 2007 at 1:14:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger José said...

Dát is een rotstreek! En stom van ze. Veel succes met de volgende stap, welke kant op dan ook.

Friday, March 2, 2007 at 12:47:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home