Back to homepage

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Umbilical bliss

Finally got the cable to upload my pictures. So without any further ado -gedoe?- here are the little snapshots that have been lurking in my camera all these weeks:
Me and my feminist and knitting heroine, the lovely Ms. Debbie Stoller, knitting for Poland:

There was a lot of hustle and bustle (ado?) about this new brand of smoothies called Innocent. I find them to be way outside my budget at €2,79 for 250 ml, but they are doing a really cool fundraiser for lonely grannies and grandpas, resulting in something like this: (Hat by Arja!!!!!! ;)

Their cool van was parked outside the venue, the beautiful Van Nelle factory. It's covered in fake grass and daisies:

And here's the new, and apparently unimpressed, addition to my family: Lotje. More about her later:

Remember my little cousin niece (thanks Dave), baby Sofia? Well here's how the little muffin is looking now:


And finally: Would you allow this into your country:

I entered the Green Card lottery, just in time. The photo requirements are rediculously specific, and it took me about 15 pics to finally get it semi-right. (Read: nasss-ty.) This was one of the last pics, and you can tell I'm obviously getting fed up. First red eyes, then no make-up, DON'T SMILE, let's wear something else, what the hell is that shadow across my face, that can't be me, shit, the backdrop needs to be empty. This was the only one with the right proportions and no red-eye, but I mean, seriously people:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think the photo turned out rather well, considering. :) Hopefully they'll let you in. (But do they really look at the photos?)

P.S. Have you heard of The Gathering? One of their songs just came on and I remembered they were from the Netherlands.

Saturday, December 2, 2006 at 7:15:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

@ Stariel: Thanks ;). You know, I think they must, 'cause the requirements are ridiculous! Just hope these people are not allowed to put in a personal preference, haha. "No, not him, he looks like a Yeti."

@ Arja: I do *serious* too, you know. ;)
I totally snatched your hat and yanked it on my water bottle. I credited you in the post now!

Saturday, December 2, 2006 at 10:13:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Tijm said...

Ha Famke,

Als ze je niet toelaten in Nederland, dan emigreer je maar naar Fryslân!Je past hier uitstekend en werk is hier ook nog wel te vinden, en een appartement.....er staan mooien voor je klaar.

Sunday, December 3, 2006 at 9:03:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger carrym said...

I'd totally let you in!!! Where do I write to tell them?? ;)

What a pretty kitty...am waiting on the details. :)

Sunday, December 3, 2006 at 8:07:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home