Back to homepage

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Snot. As in: 's not funny...

Due to me having a big bad cold, no fun post full of pics yet. I'm too sick to knit, and that should tell you something.
Still trying to finish that baby sock for Ziggy, 'cause the poor kid's been born almost a month ago, but you know, I was working on sock 1 during my final dramatic days at Casa de Dave. You know, when my life didn't quite take the course I'd hoped it would? Can't believe it's only been 5 weeks.
Anyway, now it's like there's something in the texture and the colors that's just confrontational. You know your knitting has a memory, right? And when big portions have been done during a good movie, or a great road trip, that's lovely, but this is one situation I never wish to repeat. Poor baby sock.

Krazy stuff, knitting...

7 Comments:

Blogger Tijm said...

Succes en beterschap.
En je stuk over herinneringen....zo waar!

Hé ken je de band Gruppo Sportivo?Die schreven net zulke Engelse teksten met Nederlandse taalgrapjes als jij nu doet.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 at 6:46:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger carrym said...

Knitting really *does* have a memory, doesn't it?

I actually THREW AWAY the vest I was working on for Angie when she broke up with me. I had hung on to it for awhile thinking I would still want to finish it, but couldn't do it. So I tossed what I had done so far (sadly more than half) and donated the rest of the yarn to a friend...

It *did* feel good...

Thursday, December 14, 2006 at 7:36:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Unknown said...

yep, memoryknitting: only the good memorythings will last, the bad go to the frogpound.. Immedeatly. En beterschap! Zorg goed voor jezelf!

Thursday, December 14, 2006 at 8:34:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The memory thing is really true - I started the socks I'm knitting now, during a long car drive to Denmark, and am seeing the interior of the car every time I pick up the needles...

Why don't you just start a new pair of baby socks? Another color etc. altogether?

Friday, December 15, 2006 at 1:57:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Liza au Lait said...

Hey, snothoofd! You've been tagged en alleen door een beetje verkoudheid kom je daar niet onderuit!

Ik ben ook bang dat je een heel nieuw paar babysokjes moet beginnen. En deze ritueel verbranden ofzo...

Friday, December 15, 2006 at 9:46:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you'll recover soon and be back to knitting!

Friday, December 15, 2006 at 10:11:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Tag, you are "it" (well, one of 6 "its", to be specific). See my blog for the meme.

And I vote for restarting the socks as well; it's a baby, that's what, lke about 200 stitches in total for the socks? Unlike the socks I am knitting for my husband and hs freakishly large size US11/ EUR45 feet.

Sunday, December 17, 2006 at 2:59:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home