Back to homepage

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Another clever title

Oi, I had a bit of a stomach flu these past few days, so I was no position to sit at my desk. I wonder if it's the pre-moving stress that has my body all upset. I'm trying hard to plan everything out carefully, but I'm not a "manager" by any means. (Chicken with head cut off more like.) So it's all about scheduling and planning right now. I hope to get my key by the end of next week, then I want to work on the flat some more -paint, strip wallpaper, put in carpet and laminate flooring- and then move in by the weekend of the 14th.
Moving! My favorite thing in the whole world! I think this might be a good time to take up drinking wine or hard liquor...

Anyway, my belly seems to have settled down, so I can give you the 411 on my Xmas festivities. Christmas Day was good, 'cause there was:

The Second Day of Xmas (yep, we have one!) I was invited to a family dinner at E.'s with two of my fellow SnB'ers. We had a great time, a yummy dinner and to our complete surprise, we were showered with gifties. Check out the loot:

That's a picture frame, a MAGIC YARN BALL, cute ornaments that E. cleverly incorporated in the packaging and a homemade needle case that she whipped up from a placemat. This woman is creative! And she knits the most beautiful (Norwegian) fair-isle... Thanks E.!
Here's some close-ups of the roll-up case and magic ball, that has gifties in it that reveal themselves during the knitting. AND it's 15% cashmir, huhuhuhuh:

And then yesterday more bliss as I received my package from Lies for posting the 500th comment on her blog. So you see, despite the numerous international proverbs, yakking is definitely golden sometimes:

That's lovely handdyed yarn by Yvon, and a Rituals pack! (Mmmmm, Moonlight Massacre Shampoo.) Thanks Lies!
I also worked on a little mohair cable hat 'cause my head was getting cold despite the fact that we're officially having the warmest year since they started measuring in 1706:
Click me, baby!
Call Alice, there's a wonky White Rabbit on my enormous head!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tijm said...

Hé Famke,
Ik heb erg gelachen om de foto van de grote onaffe muts.
En Pipi (en alles verder van Lindgren) is nog altijd mijn favorite!

Was vandaag even snel in Utrecht. Heb Rowan garen gehaald voor nog een clapotis (ben nu met een bezig van garen wat ik van SMoek gekregen heb).
Was extra allert in de hoop knitters van SnB Utrecht tegen te komen maar helaas.

Saturday, December 30, 2006 at 5:02:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

@ Tijm: Oh bummer! Had dat even gezegd, dan was ik langsgekomen!
Najaaa, volgende keer beter...

Ik wil nog steeds een keer naar boven komen hoor!

Saturday, December 30, 2006 at 6:01:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

@ Arrrrrja: Ik bedoel natuurlijk wát? Verklaart u nader, woman!

Saturday, December 30, 2006 at 6:46:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Nice post! And that white hat looks soft and warm.. Great gifts, and a good idea, needlecase from a placemat! Have a good new year!

Sunday, December 31, 2006 at 12:57:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stomach flu - a bustard! Great you are getting better!
I hate moving, but then again, I am agoraphobic so it's understandible!
I am pretty envy with all those presents! Just enjoy them!

Sunday, December 31, 2006 at 6:30:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home