Back to homepage

Friday, November 24, 2006

Ugh.

Hm. Job interviews.
I guess nobody would take them for a hobby, but what I hate the most is not knowing how badly you're sucking while you're in one. You've got no clue what on earth is going on in the recruiter's mind. They're sneaky like that.
Like, perhaps she decided halfway that you're really not cut out for the job. So the last half of your ordeal is a matter of her sitting it out, going through the motions, explaining all about the business philosophy, and the fun company parties while she knows full well you're never going to get the chance of drinking too much at one of them and behaving completely inappropriately in front of your co-workers. (Not that I would ever do such a thing.)

Hm. Hm. Now it honestly didn't go that bad at all today, but it could go either way. If I don't get it, it's because I kinda felt manouvered into this philanthropist, volunteering, won't-somebody-please-think-of-those-poor-baby-seals kind of corner, whereas I'm sure I can be a commercial and entrepreneurial mastermind; I just need to believe in the product I'm selling; need to know I'm working for a little more than just a higher profit, thankyouverymuch.

But please, people: Roleplaying?! It's all fun and games when you're running around in your home-made Arwen dress, but as an interview technique it's just evil. Pure and unexpected evil..

So anyway, we'll see! I'll know by Tuesday whether I'm on to round two. (And so will you ;)

Btw, I wore my new monkey suit: black velours jacket and grey tweed pants. Hair up. Cute blouse. Even yanked out my nose ring last night, which was quite a painful little expedition as it's one of those things where you have to pull the little ball out through the hole. Don't ask. I should get the job for that alone.

What's on the needles? I will take pics as soon as I find a cable hereabouts, but right now I'm going back and forth between:

* Baby socks in colorful Lorna's Laces for Ziggamuffin (Dave's new baby nephew)
* My mom's cardigan (Almost going on two years now!)
* A Mistake-Rib charity scarf for a Polish orphan

Sayonara babies, thanks for all the sweet comments!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! It was realy looooong! Glad you're back! Well, I have to catch up with your blogentries!

Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 8:32:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home