Back to homepage

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A little preview

Right on. Digicam cable, apparently in use by the entire family, has been located at my sister's flat. It should be here before Sinterklaas, because I'm going to run for the US Green Card Lottery again and the 2008 applications need to be in by December 3rd.
Did you know only 88 Dutchies got lucky last year? Humbling huh?
I have a week left to send my mug off to the Powers That Be. (There are more ways to Rome, or in this case, Seattle...)

So. I still owe you guys my own pics, but in the mean time, I present you a quick impression of my visit to the First Annual Stitch 'n Bitch Day in Rotterdam on the 18th:

Liza and I joking around on the train, photo by Arja:

(Liza claims she only laughs like a raving lunatic when I'm around, which I consider a totalcompliment.) I'm working on the Polish scarf there, by the way.

Then there's me talking smack at Debbie Stoller's presentation on the Stitch 'n Bitch phenomenon, sitting next to a very concentrated Liesbeth (Right? Right?!), a thrilled Yamit, and Bloggy Arja in Irish Hiking Scarf, photo by Carla:

And the piece the résistance, the AWESOME tiny Frisian flags that the Frisian delegation had pinned to their lapels, plus a micro-Sampler M, photo by Tijm:


On a completely different note: New job interview on Monday! Buyakasha!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about not getting job! Good luck on monday!
Wish I can participate in such knitting gathering! You lucky one!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 11:37:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger carrym said...

Sooo...maybe still coming over to stay???

I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed that you win the lottery hon! ;)

Friday, December 1, 2006 at 12:19:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Tijm said...

Hoi Famke,

Balen dat je de baan niet kreeg. Hopelijk volgen er gauw meer mogelijkheden om te solliciteren!

Wat leuk,een foto van mij op je blog!!! Draag je al met trots je Friese vlag?

Friday, December 1, 2006 at 7:07:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

Thanks for the sympathies. I'll get a job soon enough, I'm sure.

@ Carry: Very slim chance, but those fingers and toes are very welcome!

@ Tijm: Oeh, nog niet aan toegekomen! Moet eigenlijk wel he?

Sunday, December 3, 2006 at 12:43:00 AM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home