Back to homepage

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Babes in Jobland

UPDATE: Job interview this Friday, 1PM. Fo' shizzle, ma nizzle.
News on the job front: Went to my temp agency yesterday to see if they could help me find something (temporary) to at least get me working again. Finding a job in my field of PR and Communications turns out to be prtty damn hard: Most communication assistant jobs require at least three years of experience "in a similar position", but how the hell are you gonna build experience if everybody wants it?! Chicken? Egg?

So anyway, during our conversation, the consultant suddenly stops and says: "Hey, have you ever considered working for us?", to which her colleague next to her adds "Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking."
Well, there ya go. They're sending my résumé to their Headquarters, and I might be going there for an interview this very week.

Then she politely said: "Oh, if you're going on the interview, you can't wear that." Yesss, I was totally thinking of showing up in my bright purple woollen hoody and cargo pants.

The time has come: I need a suit.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh well, youre a big girl now...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 5:46:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Tijm said...

Lots of luck!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 6:33:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! MJ de intercedente in pak! Het moet niet gekker worden ;-)

Nee, alle gekheid op een stokje... Je kunt het, dat weet ik zeker: communicatief vaardig, people skills etc.

Succes vrijdag!!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 4:58:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Unknown said...

En...?
Was het wat?
En veel belangrijker ;) : wat staat er op de naalden?

Friday, November 24, 2006 at 4:04:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home