Back to homepage

Friday, June 23, 2006

It's gettin' there!

First a thank you for all the well wishes for little Sofia! She is adorable and I can't wait to knit her a pair of baby socksies. (And maybe a little hat, and some toys, a blankie, etc etc etc.)
But NOT before I finish my own neglected little baby, the Ultimate Cardigan of Extreme Evil, which I knitted my ass off on yesterday!
I finished the second sleeve last week, and commenced to picking up the collar stitches, all 251 of them. Then endless short-rows that I may have fucked up a little, but hey, and last night Jeanne dropped by to make up for her lost Tuesday SnB night, and to help me set in my first sleeve. Who da Man:

And once more, with passion:

Sandra, you're right; I totally neglected the blog. I don't know. I suppose I went without a computer for several weeks, but that's not the whole story. I also know that I wasn't really motivated to write a whole lot about my life, because of the intensity of things going on. Let's just say it was hard enough just LIVING it.

As for now, things have quieted down a bit and I'm getting ready to move back home. (Home?)
Great news though: Dave and I just bought me a new ticket for August 7 - November 4. (Halleluyah!)
I unfortunately won't be here for the String Cheese Incident Extravaganza, but it was either that, or miss my third Halloween. So Halloween it is!

What will I be doing back home? Holy crap, it's gonna be a crazy month! The plan is to get rid of my wisdom teeth and my room, and gain a niece and a driver's license. It's going to fly by, I'm sure, and then I'm back to move into Dave's house for realsies. *Screams like a girl*

In the mean time, I'm schlepping along a suitcase full of Knitpicks goodies for my SnB'ers. Since they don't ship overseas, I figured I could give up some luggage space when I'm leaving most things here anyway.

Ooh, Dave just said it's gonna 31/88 degrees this Sunday!
Summer is here!

Next post will be solely dedicated to my SP's lovely first box of craziness.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! you go girl!]

greetz, Niek

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 4:00:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I like that "schlepping" word - we got the same one here in croatia (with diferent writing).
You looks great in that yet unfinished sweater! Nice to see you still knit!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 6:54:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I'm glad! I was so upset to be missing you when you were in the Seattle area, but I should be there in August so we can meet up then! :)

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 7:40:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girlfriend - YOU da Man! And apparently I am Dinner of Choice for the mosquito squadron living in your backyard! The back of my right leg was devoured by all the little buggers we thought we were swatting Thursday night.

But hey, the sweater looks FAB!

Sunday, June 25, 2006 at 11:27:00 PM GMT+2  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home