Back to homepage

Friday, May 26, 2006

In other news...

I had a great time at the newly set up SnB in Federal Way Tuesday night. Even though Elise and I were an HOUR (!!!!) late due to a complete and utterly female lack of map reading skills on our part, Jeanne was still bravely facing the world with her knitting needles. We were also joined by Nicole, who was knitting a humongous adult sized blanket for her 16 yo daughter. Wow.....

And what did I do?
I......*drumroll drumroll drumroll* picked up the Xtreme Cardigan of Ultimate Doom!!
I'm now almost done with the second sleeve and then all that is left is the collar and sewing the thing up. I'd already done the shoulder seems, but Jeanne convinced me there was a better way to go about that, so I'm going to rip it and follow her advice. (Sorry Bert, Carla and Hilly!;) Hey, we're all in this to learn, right?!

We are off to the Sasquatch music festival this weekend, and I'll try to get some knitting in while we're on the road. I love roadtrip knitting!

Unfortunately, despite my -or maybe because of- my constant prodding of Dave to get us tickets, he never got around to ordering them until Saturday and Sunday were sold out completely. Sigh. :(

However, we are staying positive and are going to believe in the Power of the Bus and/or use Jedi mind tricks to get in there anyway.

Wish us luck this weekend! We'll need it!

P.s. Arja, ja we hebben het inderdaad over kwarteltjes gehad. ;)
Maaarrrr, die zijn zo ieniemienie dat ze door de mazen van het kippengaas kunnen.
Knuf!

---UPDATE!---

We gotst us tickets!
We managed to find two tickets for Saturday through someone on Craigslist, and a pair for Saturday AND Sunday through a buddy of Dave's, Bill Wixey. :)
Now we only need 2 more for Sunday, but that will totally work!
Noooo, no Nine Inch Nails; Dave still had to work today...
But Queens of the Stone Age, Beck, Ben Harper, Nada Surf, Matisyahu, here I come!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun!

Friday, May 26, 2006 at 7:18:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger spirals said...

are you going to miss NIN.. god i hope not...

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 6:43:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really know how to have fun! Will you take care of my kids so I could do the same?
Love orange coloure! But those purple walls...seems like too much!

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 8:05:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so jealous!Hope you have fun and the music is as good as I imagined!

Saturday, May 27, 2006 at 1:34:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veeel plezier, klinkt leuk (of is het al geweest, en wAs het leuk?)!!

groetjes, Jonna (wier man vindt dat hij ter oud is voor festivals grrrr)

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 11:01:00 AM GMT+2  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home