Back to homepage

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Homey got pheasants!

Alright, the Mormon story will just have to wait.
Dave and I actually got six pheasant chicklets last night! We've become quite the craigslist-addicts; it makes the wildest things possible! ;)

Our new tiny babies are now residing in the bedroom in a Rubbermaid tub covered by a heat lamp and they're SOOOOOO DAAAMMNNNN CUUUUUUTE!

We took way too many pics, but alas, Dave is currently at a bachelor party and took the digicam with him, so the photos will have to wait.
As you may know, the house is already a total petting zoo here, with three duckies, three chickens, two turkeys and a goose. Oh and ofcourse the two kittycats.
And now: three little ringneck and three red golden pheasants.
When they're all grown-up and badass, they'll look a little something like this:


Update!
Here they are:

Aren't they the cutest little darlings?! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Alcariel said...

I hate to tell you this.....but my dad hunts those for sport. Granted, he turned my grandparents former farmer into wildlife habitat so the pheasant population is going up, but I can rely on having pheasant for dinner at least once every fall. And when it's made into jerky it's really really good! (Not that I want to eat your chicks!)

Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 3:33:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are alive! And Happy! And still in love! But please weite more often!
BTW, so far I see everything in my blog page . don't know what hapenned!

Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 6:41:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger spirals said...

so cute... i want a pet! all we have is a snake...

Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 7:13:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger carrym said...

Such cute little babies!!! Too bad they don't stay that way ;)

I so have to come for a visit soon, we'll plan for something after I get moved into my new place!!!

Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 8:04:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

We have lots of quail around our house, and the wee little ones are incredibly cute. I can just imagine how nice it must be to be able to have a menagierie like yours.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 4:44:00 AM GMT+2  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home