Back to homepage

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Semi-Olympic knitting

What a bummer; I only read about the Yarn Harlot's 2006 Knitting Olympics yesterday, so I guess it was a false start for me!
In stead, I pledge to finish the Cinnamon cardi for my dear mama this month. I started March 18 last year, and I don't want to have to say the friggin thing took me a year to knit!
I'm almost done with the sleeves, but mom decided they might be a bit too wide for her skinny arms. Well eat woman!
Nah, just kidding, we'll figure something out. I just hope I don't end up with a really bulky seam... Any pointers?



As you can see, I cast on for the baby sweater I mentioned in the previous post. It's not for me, so it doesn't really count as knitter's ADD, now does it?
I'm making it from the most lovely, fatty, squeezable pinkish Baby Alpaca Grande that my wonderful Yankee Swapper got me, and it knits up quite nicely, though seed stitch is officially not my favorite.
Both Little Sis and I were convinced the baby was going to be a girl, so I thought I was safe with this, but since the echo, she and my mom know the baby's real "color". They haven't told me yet though. If it's a boy, it will just have to run around in a pinkish cardi, and be all trendy like that, hehe. (Therapy sessions are on me, if I'm still around in forty years.)

In other news, our SnB got kicked out of Lofen. The manager's reason? "We're not a club house." Okidokes dude, then it's onward to the Winkel van Sinkel! We found a really nice reading table to the left of the entrance. I think the boss there still needs to be convinced, so we might have to ask him what size socks he wears. ;)

So Valentine's Day's coming up. My last two experiences were rather crapariffic; I got dumped in both 2004 AND 2005 in that same week.
I shouldn't really care for a holiday so unabashedly commercial, but still.. No need for gifts or anything fancy, but hey, an email would be nice.
(YOU READ THAT BUDDY?!)

Anyway, movin on.
Happy knitting to all, and for those of you in the Knitting Olympics, woohoo, you can do it!

Next post is the tag I got from my SnB gal Arja. A whole set of foursomes. See ya soon!