Back to homepage

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Pr0n Pr0n Pr0n

The pic says it all, baby: I had a great time yesterday at the Handwerkbeurs (Crafts Fair) with some of the gals from my SnB. Arja caught me here in the middle of a naughty tete a tete with some Shetland wool:

The purple hank in the middle came home with me, along with a fabulous blue that's not in the pic. I want to use it for a pair of Norwegian fair-isle mittens.
I also picked up my first ever skeins of Lorna's Lace in Rainbow colors. It shall now be referred to as MJ's Lace:



We also had a great time at the booth of the gals at Garnstudio/Drops. They had a yummy collection of Alpaca yarns, with a triangular shawl that we all drooled over. After long fussing and three trips to the bathroom mirror with various skeins, I finally picked a vibrant grassy green for my copy, only to discover that that was the color they only had three skeins of. Riggin friggin shawl wasn't to be for me this time.

The Garnstudio girls have an awesome collection of FREE Dutch patterns here: www.garnstudio.com/nl, but you can navigate to several other languages too, including English and German.
(And to Pettie, if you're still reading this: One of the girls was wearing your Garnstudio cardi! It was really gorgeous with the silver thread run through the green.)

In other news: I gots me a plane ticket! I shall be back in the US from March 31 until June 28 to live The Good Life with the Honey. My mom misses me already. ;)

P.s. Big thanks to the Honey...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pic, isn't it?!

Sunday, February 26, 2006 at 2:26:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Awesome pic, I heart Shetland Wool. :-) We're shearing ours today but they're naturally brown so I won't have the purdy colors you do.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 at 3:01:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Alcariel said...

Love the yarn! Wish we had fiber festivals like that around here....my budget would not be safe.

And I take possession of my house March 31st! I'm going to slowly be moving in over the month of April, but it's all mine! No more noisy neighbors, no more times of there being no parking places! Yay! (and I'm very tired...it's off to bed for me)

Sunday, February 26, 2006 at 3:32:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger carrym said...

Yay!!! You'll be here for a good long while, we'll have plenty of time to squeeze in a good visit!

Still coming to Burning Man this year too, right???

Sunday, February 26, 2006 at 6:41:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MJ's Lace is pretty! I almost bought it, but chose Hagebutte instead. My Opal Fiesta Sock is on the needles already.

Monday, February 27, 2006 at 6:12:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MJ! Of course I still check your blog every now and then, I've just been a bit lazy and not posted any comments. :-)
Glad to see you're going to the US to live with your man, hope you still will be posting on here so we all can read about you.

Take care
Pettie

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 at 5:02:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home