Back to homepage

Sunday, November 06, 2005

You're so vain...

I picked up my new glasses yesterday!
I sat on the old one at Burning Man and they were never quite the same. A month ago, one of the legs just fell off, like I pulled a Uri Geller, and I'd been walking around with an actual nerdy pair of taped up glasses.



And here's my progress on the little socks for the Monkey:

They're coming along very nicely and I believe they'll look just as cool in the grown up version I've yet to make for the Caveman.

I could've finished them by now at work, but alas, we're not allowed to do anything but work related stuff when there are no callers.
So now I'm sitting there, twiddling my thums waiting for calls, desperate to fill the time with some reading or knitting.

I suppose they are very right when they say we're there to work and not to read gossip mags -whatever..-, but I forgot how much I hate hate hate lost time. Plus it makes the 8 hours seem a lot damn longer.
(The eye candy in uniform walking by hardly makes up for it. Sandra, I can't tell if they're hairy, 'cause they're mostly wearing bulletproof vests. Not bad at all either.)

P.s. I got measured at a lingerie store today......
In stead of the 85DD/38D I thought I was, I'm now officially an 80F/36DDD.

Holy mammaries Batman, It's MJ in 3D!

13 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Cool specs. :-)
That would totally suck to just sit there between calls. I'd be humming and fidgeting and annoying the hell out of my co-workers

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 9:14:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

What do you think I'm doing? ;)

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 9:18:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go on, you can do it! keep annoying them to the point where they'll beg you to shut up and knit.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 9:28:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

Yeah, or beg me to get the hell out and fire me on the spot.
Bad idea, Arja-dearie.

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 9:30:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pity a bra swap is a bit unusual... (and unpractical too!)
we share sizes.
we're great, eh? and getting better all the time!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 10:29:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger spirals said...

nice glasses.. me likey!

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 12:36:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger weaselrina said...

Love the new glasses!

I got measured at a lingerie store recently and was a different size in every bra I tried on. Strange how that works.

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 2:57:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger carrym said...

Sweet specs sweetie! Sorry to hear about the "down time" - do you bring in knitting for breaks? Maybe if they see you knitting the rest of the time they'll get used to the idea? It's not like it's a gossip rag...MUCH more constructive...sock bribery perhaps? ;)

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 3:15:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi honey, I am home!!! Well, great glasses! And I like the fact you like coloures!!!
Talking about finger - we didn't use soap or any breaking - she simply started sweating because of her laughing and sweat did its work!
I am looking for some knitting of you!

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 6:25:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hihi, so we are not the same size anymore, boehoe:(
my last visit to the store told me i was an 75F tsk, as if!

i just don't believe it, so from now on i'll refer to my size as a big hand full. or if i get really creative: X skeins of noro in weight! or 3/4 of my cat.. hmm, the possibilities are endless, and much more fun. I am moer than a number! and so are you, love ya, see you thursday.

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 11:26:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Errr....

You hate lost time..?? What about all those mornings we couldn´t get our lazy buttocks outta bed to do fix ourselves a project at ICM?! ghe he he... Guapa ! Miss you loads... would´ve loved to see you with your nerdy glasses :P

Hugz,
Roulita

Thursday, November 10, 2005 at 9:23:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

HONEY!!
Just thinking about you the moment you wrote this. Just this minute, for the first time in weeks, I wondered "Hey, how would Roulie be?"

Remember: Time spent in bed is never lost. ;)

Thursday, November 10, 2005 at 9:27:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Time spent in bed is never lost"

I like that. had a looooooong sleep in after someone across the street had a loud party that kept me awake until 3 am. It was so loud and annoying, I almost called you at 8844 - imagine that!

Sunday, November 13, 2005 at 12:33:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home