Back to homepage

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Thesis and knitting update

I will not be allowed to defend my thesis this Tuesday.
Though according to my professor it was an absolute pleasure to read, it did not live up to its potential and needed more depth. Gah.

Did I despair or "spend all my yarn money" as honey suggested? (What yarn money?)
Hell no! With the right feedback -that I should've gotten in August to begin with, but enough about that- I'll turn this thing into a kickass piece of work.
Definitive graduation date: February 15, 2006.
(Flowers, chocolate, tequila and lots of yarn are still welcome at my studio apartment here in Utrecht.)

In knitting news: My latest obsession is Knitty's Clapotis. (pron. Cla-po-teeeeeeeeeh.) Pattern here.

I just dropped my first stitch and it's looking bitchin'! (Love that word.)
The yarn is a gorgeous variegated warm red by Adriafil that I got at Lambert de Groot's booth at KreaDoe.

Unfortunately, my camera will no longer be recognized by my computer; Kodak Imaging is "eating poop", as Dave would so eloquently state it, so no pics yet.
I may be getting a digicam as a late birthday present from my folks... Keep y'r fingers crossed! ;)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh, jammer van de vertraging! Denk je er bijna te zijn...
Clapotis is big fun. Ik heb er drie gebreid en als het nog es moet doe ik dat zingend.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 at 8:52:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Alcariel said...

I'm so sorry to hear that they're not letting you defend your thesis after all you hard work! That stinks!

And you'll love Clapotis. I'm working on my second one for my mom in Lion and Lamb Tuscany. So pretty and soft.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 at 2:01:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and a special thanks to your professor for providing us with extra time to gather yarn, booze and other graduation gifts. we really needed that. and yes, the delay sucks. better go knit and work some zen into cla-po-teeeee. you know, god bless and happy knitting!

Sunday, September 25, 2005 at 1:12:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Nederlass said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, booze....

Arja, you're hilarious. ;)
Tot dinsdag!

Sunday, September 25, 2005 at 2:04:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goh wat stom met dat uitstel van je afstuderen wegens non-communicatie van je communicatie-prof...

Nou, voordeel is: des te meer tijd voor het verdiepen van je stuk (wordt dus baanbrekend, toch?;-) ), meer breien enzo, en ja, natuurlijk een leuke baan vinden. Nog wat gehoord van de cnv?

Monday, September 26, 2005 at 11:13:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger José said...

Wat jammer dat je nu toch nog niet klaar bent. Ga je maar lekker verdiepen, in klapotiiieee en andere dingen. En inderdaad, vergeet niet intussen genoeg chocolade te eten!

Monday, September 26, 2005 at 6:08:00 PM GMT+2  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home