Back to homepage

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Progress report!

Sorry for the crappy pics; it was late, and the CrappyCam is flash-less.

Cinnamon French Market Bag Pink sock Rainbow sock
Cinnamon is going pretty well. I'm halfway through both fronts, and almost ready for the armholes. After that, it's just the sleeves and the shawl collar, and of course putting it all together. This is kinda freaking me out, but my fellow SnB'ers promised to help me sew that puppy up. ;)
I lost two stitches on one of the fronts last week, and SnB-Carla helped me out last Tuesday. The things I learn on those Tuesday nights!

When I couldn't continue with Cinnamon, I picked up the French Market Bag again. I'm done with the bottom now, so I have to pop by my LYS soon to pick out a colour for the body. I'm thinking of doing it in a pale blue. And in Rowan Yorkshire Tweed as well, dahhling. Hey, once a yarn snob...

The pink Regia sock yarn looks very different in real life; it's a nice pale pink.
Unfortunaly, my brand new metal Addi needle slipped right out of the stitches, and I lost a few. I seem to be losing two stitches everywhere..
For this sock, I'm planning to do a mock cable pattern that Liza showed me last Tuesday. According to her, it's pretty simple to do, just increases and decreases. It looks really fancy with this yarn. (We both bought this yarn in the same week. So why stop there, eh? ;)

The rainbow yarn however doesn't need a pattern, it's gorgeous enough as it is. I started with this one two months ago, but had cast on the amount of stitches needed for a WORSTED yarn; 44, which was way too tight for the stuff I was using. D'oh.
And I'm not giving them away to some Cinderella with cute tiny feet, nosirree. So I overcame my Fear of Frogging and ripped it and cast on 64 stitches.

Weekend's almost over; back to my needles and CSI...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are turbo knitter these days. How many projects have you on needles?

Monday, April 18, 2005 at 12:27:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took your advice. Thanks.
I am very ok!
Hairy guy doesn't know english, evem doesn't have computer.
Sister thinks that blogging is the most boring thing in the world. She also doesn't have computer.

My intimate life is ... what to say ... I really don't mind writting about it.

Monday, April 18, 2005 at 2:06:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi daar! Mijn naam is Rebecca en ik woon in België. Ik lees al een paar dagen je blog en vind het heel leuk, vooral omdat ik de "knit-bug" volledig te pakken heb!

Ik heb 2 kleine vraagjes. Wel, ik ben verslaafd aan sokken en zou er graag wat bestellen, vooral die duitse wol vind ik heel erg mooi. Bestel jij die in Duitsland zelf? En dan ook nog die Addi naalden, weet jij soms een website om ze te bestellen? Ik vond er eentje in Groot Brittanië maar waarschijnlijk is het goedkoper als ik ze in Duitsland of zo bestel.

Ik ga binnenkort ook een blog starten, en ik blijf lezen wat je schrijft!

Groetjes!

Monday, April 18, 2005 at 9:41:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Nederlass said...

Hey Rebecca, bedankt!
Leuk dat je dagelijks langskomt op m'n blogje.

Die mooie Japanse Noro wol is in NL amper te verkijgen en komt bij www.die-stricknadel.de vandaan, maar dit proces is vrij duur en omslachtig zonder credit card... (Die mag ik niet van mezelf ;)

Bovendien is de wol volgens mij niet zo geschikt voor sokken. Probeer anders eens www.breiweb.nl en http://www.wolwinkel.be.

Ik zou ook gewoon eens kijken in de Gouden Gids of er een garenwinkel in de buurt is. Daar haal ik nl. al mijn andere garen en (Addi) naalden vandaan. (In Utrecht dan.)

Succes! En laat eens weten als je blog online is... :)

Ciao!
MJ

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 1:25:00 AM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "Cinnamon" is zipping along now - it is going to look great. Love your pics - YES - Spring has definitely sprung here in the Netherlands at last! - Groetjes!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 at 2:53:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey daar, bedankt voor het antwoord op mijn vragen! En met wol bedoelde ik de sokkenwol, ik weet dat zowel Regia als Opal in Duitsland worden gemaakt. Ik kijk nog wel even rond. En bedankt voor de links, ik ga een hoop wol bestellen! :D

De Addi naalden verkopen ze hier niet en ik schijn ook maar geen 2mm ronde naalden te kunnen vinden. En bamboo naalden verkopen ze hier ook niet (misschien in de grotere winkels, maar ik twijfel er wel aan aangezien breien pas nu weer populair wordt). Ik ga ze maar bestellen, dan heb ik ze tenminste!

Oh, en ik ga die kabel ook proberen, dat heb ik nog nooit gedaan!

Ik laat je zeker weten wanneer ik mijn blog heb (waarschijnlijk dit weekend), maar de link naar mijn LJ werkt nu ook (sorry, ik typte hem tot nu toe blijkbaar altijd verkeerd in!).

Groetjes!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 at 10:37:00 PM GMT+2  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home