Back to homepage

Friday, April 22, 2005

"No pictures please..."

Drawstrings, a great knitblogger from Amsterdam, interviewed me on her blog. Here are my answers to her (good!) questions:

Q. What is your relationship with your UFO's (unfinished projects)? Do they haunt you or exude warmth of hours well spent?

A. Well, since I just started knitting half a year ago, I haven’t had the opportunity to collect many Unfinished Objects yet, which is why I believe I can still refer to them as WIPs, hehehe.
One of them is gradually turning into a UFO as time goes by: my Stitch ‘n Bitch 8-ball tea cozy. I only need to stitch it together, and now that you mention it, I should bring it to my SnB next week. So there; hours aren’t well spent until the item’s finished.

Q. Do you have a knitting 'hero/heroine' and who is your favorite knitwear designer?

A. My knitting heroine is my late grandmother. She could do EVERYTHING. I love using her needles too. Debbie Stoller was the one who got me obsessed and my favourite designer has to be Kim Hargreaves. (But again, I’m still a newbie, so who knows who/what else is out there.)

Q. Do you believe in the "Boyfriend Sweater Curse?" (If you knit a sweater for you boyfriend before you are married then you will not stay together") If so why? Or do you just not like to tempt fortune? *Evil Grin* :¬)

A. I totally believe in the Curse of the Wretched Boyfriend Sweater. For me, it only took a garter stitch Dr. Who scarf.
Giving my sorry single ass lots of spare knitting time. Yey...

Q. When did you learn to knit, and what are your 'landmark' knitting moments' that will always be special to you?

A. I learnt to knit when I was around 14 yrs old, by said grandmother, but I don’t remember anything of that.
Total landmarks for me were the first rows I knit without adding stitches, and finishing my first ribbed scarf. I’m learning so much right now; every week I have tiny landmark knitting moments; picking up my first stitches, joining my first dpns etc.

Q. You confess to be an "Eternal Student" - What would be your "Dream Job" and why?

A. My Dream Job? Oh boy, you know I really have no clue! I’m graduating in three months (!) and I don’t have an ounce of ambition in me. In fact, last week I confessed to my fellow SNBers that I wouldn’t mind becoming a stay at home mom at all.
Yes, it’s tragic. All this brilliance lost to mankind forever.
But seriously, I think I’d like to work at the communication department of a non-profit or at least socially responsible organisation or company. Or start a bookstore; I love the smell of (second-hand) books.

There you go.
Now it's my turn to invite you all to be interviewed. Just follow the rules below:

The Rules are:
Leave a comment just saying "Interview Me".
I will list 5 questions directed to you on THIS blog.
You will give answers to them on YOUR blog.
You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nederlass said...

Alrighty then! You're it.
I'll post your questions tomorrow.

:)

Saturday, April 23, 2005 at 2:54:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Answers! I totally agree with you about the smell of secondhand book shops! There is something magical about them. Also about Kim Hargreaves- her designs are brilliant! Thanks for taking part :¬)

Saturday, April 23, 2005 at 5:37:00 PM GMT+2  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home