Back to homepage

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Stitch 'n glitch


Rowan's Cinnamon in daylight, as promised. Ain't she purdy?
Of course, I knew there had to be a punishment for the blatant smugness in my previous post. Turns out I accidentally increased until 71 stitches, for a size M, in stead of until 75, for a size L. How very lame.
And the worst thing is: I'm too chicken to frog it. (Tastes like chicken?) Tonight is SnB night, but I'm up to my ears in school work, so I'm not going.
Which means there's no-one (Bert!) to help me unravel it to 75 stitches.
Which means I have to do it myself.
Sweeet.

Is it true you have to make every single mistake at least once before you can work your way through a project without any glitches?

(Oh, and one more thing: lemme know if you think the ribbing looks like it's on the wrong side at the bottom. I'm not sure which is which, and I don't wanna frog the WHOLE thing!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH! frogging back to 'ground 0' just HURTS! But worth it in the end as you get a better fit! I once did just the same as you have with the cast on! The air was 'blue' for awhile until I had coffee & tart as therapy! *G* Great Fun blog - nice to find another 'Nederlands' knitter with 'attitude' hehehe everything here in A'dam thinks only over 70's knit - but then I LOVE the looks I get when I go a'knitin on public transport! *G*

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 10:59:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Nederlass said...

Well, I have good news; my best friend came by and she did the frogging for me! And I was too afraid to look.
No, the medium might've fit my mom perfectly, but I'd cast on with the amount of stitches needed for the L, which meant that it would destroy the shape if I messed with the amount of rows too much. (And I suck at math, how's that for an excuse? ;)
Anyhoo, my pal Angelina frogged it like there was no tomorrow, and now I'm all set to go again. Hope to finish the back this weekend!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 2:28:00 PM GMT+1  

Add a stitch to my blog

<< Home